A tarsoly plate sectioned to five parts, with gilt background,
and a square collet for a precious stone in the centre. The diamond-shaped
central field has a foliate design of palmette leaves unfurling
from the perforation in its centre, a motif that evokes the central
locking mount of mount ornamented tarsoly-s. According to the
finders a ‘bright white stone or glass’ could be seen
in its centre (most likely glass paste) which had already been
lost by the time it reached the Kecskemét museum. The beading
framing the central field is flanked by looped palmette leaves.
The surface shows signs of extensive traces of wear. Since its
discovery, the state of the plate was further deteriorated.
Katona József Múzeum, Kecskemét - 55.41.588.
Kada 1912, 326-328; Fettich 1937, 80-81.